Happy Birthday To You!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!)
Happy Birthday To You!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!)
Happy Birthday Dear Blake!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!)
Happy Birthday To You!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!)
Today is my brother Blake's 30th birthday!!! Wow, I can't believe he is finally older than me... :D What can I say about Blake??? So many things, where do I begin? Blake has always been such a sweet brother. He always knew right from wrong and he was never afraid to tell you if you were not doing the right thing. :) He was so smart growing up -- I always wished that I had as easy a time with school work as he seemed to. He would do nice little things for everyone and he thought it was so fun! I remember him wanting to buy everyone in the family a present for Christmas, even if it was just something small. He would save up his money and I remember more than once going to the Bank of Blake for a loan. :D He was always such a great example to me, and he still is. We love getting to see him and the kids love hanging out with him. And we are so glad to see that he used his smarts in finding a wife who is just as sweet as he is! I sure am glad to have Blake for a brother and I hope that he has a wonderful birthday!!!!!
We Love You!!! Just remember that... :P
Blake with me and Beau on what appears to be my 6th or 7th birthday? Can you believe that he was a blondie as a little boy? I guess my painting the top of his head with fingernail polish must have messed with his natural hair color... Or maybe it was my dropping him on his head a few times... Yep, that could have done it too! :)
Here is Blake making a face (a pretty normal action for him) along with Brooke, Brianna, Brett, and the neighbor girls Cindy and Kim Cottle. They were basically family... Those 4 girls were always together! :D
Here is Blake and a dressed up Brett. Gee, that pig nose and those ears saw a lot of action with Blake around!
All the Jones kids in December 1989. I was 16 and Blake was 11. As I looked at this picture I thought "Wow!! He was almost as tall as me!" But then I noticed he's standing on his tip toes... Cheater!!! :P
Little Blake-ina!!! Ahh, the dreaded "I was dressed up by my sister" picture!!! Those boring Sunday afternoons sure provided lots of entertainment!!
Blake and our parents on his 8th grade graduation. I think Jorden is actually taller now than Blake was then. Hmmm, that can't be good, especially since Blake is now 6'4"... :P
Blake with his broken leg, the result of a snow sledding trip gone wrong. Poor guy, I remember sleeping in his room near him over Christmas break and waking up with him during the night because he was in so much pain. And it was also too bad that his pants all had to be made over to accomodate his cast. That was probably the worst part, huh Blake?? A cast just doesn't really go with any outfit! ;)
Blake and a friend on what I am hoping was Halloween. Blake and Beau loved this mask that we had, I can't even begin to guess how many times they would put this thing on!! Somewhere I have pictures of Beau wearing it too! :D But with Blake's glasses on it, he made it all his own!
Blake with his tuxedo for prom. Can't you just hear it now...
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts...
I'm a Model, you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk...
On the catwalk, on the catwalk yeah, I shake my little tush on the catwalk...
:D
Blake and Jorden probably summer of 1997. He went away to college and then his mission right after graduating from high school so I don't have too many pictures of him with any of the kids. He was never around! :(
All the Jones kids at Blake's wedding.
Blake and Laurissa on Blake's motorcycle. Silly boy!!
Blake playing "Catch the flying arrow" with the kids this past summer. Yeah, that's not dangerous at all... :P
Blake dancing with Ellee. The kids had so much fun watching him!! :D
Blake and Ellee's sunglasses. Jillen thought the flashlight added a scary touch! :P
Here is me and Blake in 1979. Ahhhh, we were such cute little kiddies!!
And us again in 1991, still cute!!! :D
I hope you have a great day Blake!!! We will be thinking of you!!!
We Love You!!!!























2 comments:
Brandi, You Rock:)!
Thank you for the fun trip down memory lane. Unfortunately, that is the only way I experience most memories (through pictures and others' accounts) because Brandi dropped me on my head so very many times as a kid.
It got a little awkward over the past 10 years or so when she would pick me up and drop me on my head for "old times sake!" Plus...she probably got a hernia and all!
As for the height thing...you have to remember that Jorden is 8 months older than I was at any time in school...so to compare us you would have to use age and not grade...not that I'm "standing on my tip-toes on this one!"
He'll probably be 7'16" at least though...with a bigger gunshow than I could have ever imagined. He gets it from his parents, and his Aunt Rissy!
I love you Brandles. The pictures are great and it's always nice to know that I can never ask you for any of those "loans" back that you "borrowed" from me...on account of you having all of these blackmail materials and whatnot!
I love ya.
-BlakeLee
What a fantastic tribute to Blake! I'm sure glad you got all those pictures of everyone. It is fun to go down memory lane. And, it is weird to have Blake older than me now too!
Post a Comment