Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #24...

Reason # 24 -- Bella Swan!!

How could I talk about Twilight and not discuss Bella? She is the heroine of our story. A normal, everyday girl who has nothing remarkable about her. Not until she meets Edward. As Kristen Stewart, the actress who plays Bella, says She's just an ordinary girl. It's the two of them together that's the interesting thing. Bella moves to Forks from Phoenix so that her mother can spend more time with her new husband, and so that Bella can spend more time with her father and get to know him better. She hates Forks because it's so rainy and dreary, nothing like the sun she loves in Phoenix. But after meeting Edward she slowly changes her mind, realizing that he must be in a place like Forks and if she wants to be with him, then she must be in a place like that too. Let's meet Bella, shall we??

Here's the official Bella poster. I think the reason so many women and girls identify with this book is because they can see themself as Bella -- an ordinary girl thrown into an extraordinary situation. I know when I read the books I think of how I would react to the things Bella deals with. And I know I'm not the only one to do that! :D




Here is Bella in her room, thinking about things.




Another picture of Bella with her cute jewelry. Kristen had to wear brown contacts for the movie since she has green eyes in real life.




And here she is talking to Edward after their biology class, where they have just had their first real conversation. This is just before he saves her from getting squished by a van in the movie. The book is a little different as far as that time line goes.




Here is Bella when she meets Jacob. Again, the movie shows things a little differently. Jacob is the son of Bella's dads best friend, and he is ultimately the one who tells Bella what Edward is. They become great friends and their friendship grows in the next book.


Here is Bella talking to Edward, questioning him about what he is. It takes her a while to figure things out, but she eventually does.


And here is a cute picture of the two of them. It just came out today. Don't they look great together??? :D
And here they are just before going to the prom. Edward picks her up at her house and her dad Charlie is there. Bella is very much like Charlie in the sense that she is a pretty quiet, private person. In Midnight Sun it is revealed that Edward also has some trouble fully reading Charlie's mind, which may be why he can't read Bella's at all. Maybe it's some genetic quirk or something...

And here are a couple pictures of Kristen. It was probably because of pictures like this that Stephenie Meyer was nervous about Kristen playing Bella. Nervous that Kristen would be too much of a Bomb Shell, and not ordinary enough. Luckily Kristen can do either one really well.

But she prefers a more natural look, nothing too fancy. Just like Bella!! :)
That's Bella, in a few words. She's really wonderful and I love seeing the world through her eyes. She falls so completely and totally in love with Edward and it's really only her that sees him as perfect. She makes him seem like a perfect being, although he doesn't believe that. I guess love does that... :)

Stay tuned tomorrow for another reason. I'm one behind, I know. I'll get it caught up, I promise!!

0 comments: