Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #30...

I decided that since Twilight the movie opens 30 days from today, well yesterday actually, I am going to count down 30 of the reasons that I love it!! These reasons might be from the book and they might be from the movie, but they are all from Twilight, none of the other books. Although I may dip into Midnight Sun a little since it's basically Twilight but from Edward's point of view. Hopefully these will get you excited for the movie -- I know I am!! My friend Melissa an I are already planning out our day! It opens on November 21st and there will be no point really in trying to get in touch with use that day -- we'll be sitting in a theater ooo-ing and aaa-ing over the movie as many times as we can before we must give in and return home to our families. Real life -- what a bummer... :) Some of these 30 things are set to particular days or #'s, but most of them have no real order. In other words, just because one thing is listed before or after another doesn't mean that I love it any more or less. I tried to divide them up evenly so that I don't talk about the same thing for 3 or 4 days in a row. But I'll let you know if there is significance to anything when I get to it. Let's begin!!!

The first thing on the list, #30, is Robert Pattinson!!! How could I not start with him??? He's obviously not in the book, but he does portray Edward Cullen, our leading man/vampire in the movie. I'm not going to go into him as Edward, instead I am going to focus on him himself. He is such a great actor!! Even though he is rather new to the Hollywood scene, he has done some really incredible work so far. I can't wait to see what he does in years to come. He is a very normal guy and awfully funny! He is sweet and shy and seems to get rather nervous around crowds and in front of fans. But I guess he's gonna have to get used to that since in about a month he is not going to be able to go anywhere without getting mobbed! Poor guy!!

Here are some of his movies -

The Haunted Airman - He plays Toby Jugg and he does a great job! It's a little spooky but you can find it on YouTube if you're interested.


Vanity Fair - He plays Rawdy Crawley. His scene is at the very end of the movie and it actually got cut, but it was included on the dvd as an alternate ending. I remember watching this movie a few years ago and watching the alternate ending and thinking "Who is that guy??? How could they cut him out???' I remember actually looking through the credits and trying to figure out if I had seen him in anything else, but I hadn't. Weird that I remember that, but I do! His face just stuck with me. :)
The Bad Mother's Handbook - He plays Daniel Gale and okay, seriously, nobody plays a better nerd than this boy. Yet he's so loveable! He is not afraid to look ridiculous and akward and uneasy. Every part of his body screams discomfort. And the movie isn't bad either. Again, it's on YouTube. Man, what did we ever do before that!?!?
Tess of the D'Urbervilles - This is from a play he did. But man, what a gorgeous shot of him!! The hair, the jaw, the smile... Nice.


Little Ashes - He plays Salvador Dali. This movie doesn't come out until next year but it's been playing at film festivals and he is getting all kinds of wonderful reviews. It's an artsy film so it probably won't get a wide release, but he's supposedly the highlight of the movie.


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - He plays Cedric Diggory. I remember watching this movie and thinking 'All right!! They finally got a cute guy in this series!! Now I can watch the rest of the movies as many times as the kids do!' I was excited until the end of the movie when I said to myself 'Did they kill off the cute guy????? Crap...' And so I have yet to see the Harry Potter 5 movie, even though we own it and he's supposed to be in about 2 seconds of it. It's just not the same now...

How To Be - He plays Art and I am very excited to see this movie!! Almost as excited as I am to see Twilight! Crazy huh??? It's been playing at festivals and should open in theaters in January or February. Too bad there aren't any film festivals in Phoenix. There was one in Austin, Texas last weekend but alas, I didn't make the drive, even though he was there, looking glorious and signing autographs, answering questions and hugging a little girl after she burst into tears after meeting him. See, I told you he is sweet!! Anyway, he's won awards for this movie too and is said to be truly amazing in this. I have the trailer at the bottom of the blog, so scroll on down, turn off the music, and take a peak. It's looks pretty funny!!


Twilight - Obviously, he plays Edward Cullen, the main vampire and object of Bella's affection. But seriously, how could you sit next to this in your biology class and NOT be attracted!!! :D The brooding, the intensity, the eyes, the hair, the leather wrist band with the family crest, the shiny volvo, the jaw line, the voice... This boy was born to play Edward Cullen!!! There is no other who could do justice to the glory that is Edward. I just hope he's prepared for the major change his life is going to take after November 21st. Poor guy...

And here are some random pictures of him that I love. I tried to pick things that I hadn't used before, just for a little variety. Just so you know, he has a little nick name that a lot fans call him by. It's Spunk Ransom and there is a whole story behind it. I usually refer to him as My Spunk, so that's where that comes from.
The hair ruffling - I think maybe it's a nervous habit because he seems to do it more when he's uncomfortable, but it gives us the Spunk Hair so I don't mind it!


This is from last week - oh the Spunk Hair!!! :) How I love it!!! And the little half smile along with the blue eyes...


And here he is, out with friends. I love the smile - it's just so him!!


Here is another picture from How To Be, but he plays the guitar in real life, as well as the piano and a few other things. Plus he sings. I have a few of his songs on the play list here, near the bottom, so you can take a listen if you want. Tim says that he should keep his day job, but I think he's just jealous... :D


This is a picture that just came out today. Seriously, shoot me now... I'm way too smitten with this boy!! :D He looks amazing no matter what!! Crum... He's breathtaking... Beautiful...


So, that's my #30 reason for why I am excited for Twilight. I know My Spunk will do an amazing job as Edward and I can't wait to see him portray the perfect man for 2 hours.
Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos that have interviews and bits and pieces from movies and behind the scenes stuff. He's so funny and sincere. Just a really good boy. I'm sure his parents are very proud!!
Here is the link to an interview of him talking about Twilight and playing the part of Edward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEIhtDy6DO8

And here's the interview about the nickname, Spunk Ransom
Stay tuned for tomorrow's topic! Well, later today anyway! :P

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM... I have to agree. He is quite the hottie. When I was reading Twilight I built an Edward in my head who looked a lot like Justin, and to me Robby-boy looks a lot like Justin too! It must be the bronze hair, chiseled jawline, and gorgeous blue eyes... :)