Reason #28 -- a quote
There are lots of great quotes from Twilight, some that I love more than others. This quote comes from Chapter 14 - Mind Over Matter - page 294. Edward has just told Bella that he comes to her room almost every night and watches her sleep because he feels very protective of her. He intially came to her room because he was curious about her, being that he can't read her thoughts. He was going to leave until he heard her talking in her sleep. At that point he knew he had to stay. Just as he was about to leave for good, after having listened to her for a while and debating with himself about right and wrong and whether or not he should stay in the town or go away until she finished school and moved, she said his name. At first he thought she was awake, but then he realized that she was dreaming about him. It was at that point that a change came over him, something that rarely happens to vampires, and he fell in love with her. Because he is in love with her, and he wants to protect her and take care of her, he comes to her room each night to watch her sleep and be near her. After telling her that he does this Bella is obviously shocked and embarrassed because she knows that she talks in her sleep and she's worried about what she has said - what he has heard. He tells her that she does say his name, a lot, and she's horrified by this. But in an effort to calm her and to show her how he feels about her he says this line, and I love it. :)
"If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it."
Can't he please be real??? :) Here's a picture of Edward and Bella that I think is a good interpretation of his feelings for her. They sure do look great together! :P
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago









2 comments:
Your blog is likely to spontaneously combust before Twilight arrives in theaters, you know that, right?
^ Ha-Ha-Ha!! :D Oh, I figure if it hasn't done so already, due to all the Spunk pictures I've posted on here, then I'm probably safe. He certainly exceeds the maximum hotness safety level!!! :D But I do have lots more fun things coming, so I guess we'll have to see... ;)
Post a Comment