Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #1...

Reason # 1 – The Meadow!!!

How could this not be the number one reason?!?! After all, it’s what started off the whole Twilight movement. On June 2, 2003, Stephenie Meyer had a dream about 2 people in a meadow – one was a normal, average human girl and the other was a vampire. He was beautiful and very conflicted in his feelings for the girl. He was obviously in love with her, but he also wanted to kill her. To make things more difficult, the girl was also in love with him. Stephenie awoke that morning and didn’t want to forget the dream that was so clear it almost seemed real. She wrote the dream down, just so that she would remember, but then she kept writing. She wrote from there until the end of the story, then went back and filled in the beginning. She was only writing for herself but eventually the story was published and the rest is history. The dream she had that night is basically chapter 13 in the book, and the scene is included in the movie. It’s such a beautiful interaction between Edward and Bella – each of them seeming to realize that their future, or lack there of in Bella’s case, hangs in the balance of their time in the meadow. We see the meadow in following books and the magic we feel from it during this first time there remains and we know what a special place it is for them. This is where the Lion and Lamb quote is said; the place where the “I’m your brand of heroin” statement is made; the moment that Edward realizes Bella is not afraid of being with him, but rather of being without him; the first time Edward ‘sparkles’ for Bella, showing her what he truly is; the last few seconds just before their first kiss. The emotions experienced by Edward and Bella are all over the page during their time in the meadow, but they emerge from this experience with a new knowledge and dedication to one another. The devotion they feel when leaving the meadow is true and can’t be broken…it’s forever.


Edward and Bella in the meadow --


I'm not sure that this is the same meadow scene, but it's a really cute picture of some of the playfulness between the two characters --


Edward must always be so careful with Bella - even the slightest touch from him could kill her if he is not careful. Even something as simple as putting his arm around her could be deadly --
Edward showing Bella how his skin 'sparkles' when in the sunlight. In the book Edward takes his shirt off, but not so in the movie. I've heard that this is about all we get, and even this made My Spunk nervous. He started working out before the movie in the hopes of having the perfect body that Edward has, but after losing 30 pounds and starting to look like an alien (his words), the director told him to stop, so back to an all cheeseburger diet it was. But this is good enough for me --


Edward and Bella -- she is in awe of him. Everything about him amazes her. And oddly enough, he feels the same way about her --

Aside from the magic of The Meadow, I think we need to discuss something else that is vital to the movie. That something is Chemistry. Sometimes actors just have it and a movie is great because of it. Other times the actors really have none at all, and the movie suffers. By all accounts, Rob and Kristen have it. Just looking at them in real life and how they act towards one another, you can see that there is something special there. From all I have heard, they are truly magical on the screen. I can’t wait to see for myself, but all of the little scenes and bits and pieces of the movie that I have seen lead me to believe I have nothing to worry about. They are both wonderful actors who really put all of themselves into their roles, and I think they compliment one another well. They are not only beautiful to look at but something special to watch. I really hope we get to watch them together for another 3 movies!!!

Rob and Kristen in a recent photo shoot, him being all 'brooding' --


At that same photo shoot - he's obviously not brooding all the time! :D He said recently that he loves to make life difficult for her, that's why he says things about how wonderful she is and how it would be easy to fall in love with her. I'm sure her boyfriend appreciates that... :P


Look at those eyes!! Another recent photo shoot. I love some of the other photos from this shoot, but I haven't seen this one much and I think it's beautiful...

Yet another photo shoot. So pretty...
And the gorgeous twosome at the Twilight premiere Monday night. It doesn't get much prettier than this...
Now that you've seen 30 reasons to love Twilight I expect to hear from you all about how you ran out and bought the books and read them all within a week and now can't stop thinking about Edward and how amazing he is and Bella and how hopelessly in love with him she is. I even want to hear how you hope Jacob gets hit by a bus for doing what he does in Eclipse... I won't spoil it for you, it's WAY too good!!! These books are an easy read yet they are so personal that it feels like you are reading someone's journal or something.
I hope you enjoyed a little peak into my obsession, well one of them anyway! :D Now I must sleep because it's after 1:30 in the morning and at this time tomorow I will be sitting in a movie theater with my bestest friend Melissa watching Twilight and oohing and aahing over My Spunk. Oh, I can't wait!!!!!!!!
It's Twilight Baby!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww....Twilight!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your #1 reason wasn't his chiseled bod or his hair! :) The meadow is a pretty important part of Twilight though...
Have fun at your show! I can't believe it's movie time already! Are you going to sit outside the theater and join in the big party with all the other Twilighters? The theater here is even doing a big midnight party... I heard it sold out weeks ago. Anyway, have fun!