Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #6...

Reason # 6 – Angry Edward

I know I’ve discussed Edward and how much I love him. I’ve also discussed Robert Pattinson, the actor portraying Edward in the movie, and how smitten I am with him. The one aspect of this that I haven’t really touched on yet is the one that has the most dramatic effect on me. I don’t know what it is about this that causes me to scream each time I see the movie scenes relating to this – what it is that causes me to grin from ear to ear just remembering the parts of the book where he makes an appearance. In real life, I can’t stand it when men have tempers. I don’t like it when men act crazy and domineering, like they are just looking for a fight. It really bothers me and it’s quite a turnoff. I think it’s just very childish and ridiculous. A waste of time and energy really. But Angry Edward, as I choose to call him, drives me insane!! I. Love. Him. Actually to say that I love him really isn’t correct. It’s so much more than love; I don’t even know how to express it. Why I feel this way I honestly don’t know! It’s the weirdest thing, but I can’t stop it either. Aaahhhhh, Angry Edward…..

So the first time we really get to see the full force of the wonder that is Angry Edward is during the Port Angeles scene when Edward rescues Bella from the group of men who are about to harm and most likely kill her. Up to this point Bella has seen him upset and intimidating, a little angry, but nothing like this, and it catches her by surprise just a bit. I am SO glad that this scene has been included in the movie!! And from the trailers it looks like I will be very happy with it. Just as Bella is about to be attacked, Edward drives around the corner and yells for her to get into his car, which she does. She feels very safe with him even though she can see the ‘murderously angry’ expression on his face. They drive in silence until finally coming to a stop. This is the little conversation they have, which I love!!!

“Bella?” he asked, his voice tight, controlled.
“Yes?” My voice was still rough. I tried to clear my throat quietly.
“Are you all right?” He still didn’t look at me, but the fury was plain on his face.
“Yes,” I croaked softly.
“Distract me, please,” he ordered.
“I’m, sorry, what?”
He exhaled sharply.
“Just prattle about something unimportant until I calm down,” he clarified, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

"Just prattle about something..." I Love It!!! We see Angry Edward again towards the end of the book/movie when James is threatening to kill Bella, and the movie has a great fight scene which features Dive-Bombing Edward… Seriously, why does he do this to me??? My favorite Angry Edward scene ever is in Eclipse, and in case you're wondering it takes place in Bella's bedroom and starts on page 140. But we will have to wait for that movie to come out and then PRAY that they include that scene. Although I don’t know if I would be able to contain my joy and excitement at seeing it on the big screen. That would be truly glorious…

Here's one of the movie posters featuring the Angry Edward look. Oh gee... Shoot me now...


Here is the scene when Bella guesses what Edward is, and he says, "Say it. Out loud. SAY IT!!" He's not totally angry here, but he's getting close...



And here are Edward and James fighting. James says, "You're faster than the others, but not stronger." To which Edward replies, "I'm strong enough to kill you." Which of course, he is...


Here is Edward standing by his car just before he saves Bella for the first time. He's not too angry, but the look on his face sure isn't happy...


Here is Edward in the hospital after saving Bella and just before talking to her. She wants to know how he stopped the van from crushing her and he can't tell her, so he tries to intimidate her. Rob has said that this was one of his favorite scenes to film because he really enjoyed playing these emotions with Kristen - getting her response to what he was doing. I kinda can't wait to see this scene...


And here is the Port Angeles scene when Edward pulls up and saves Bella from the bad guys. You may have seen this on the commercials, I know I have. And everytime I do I scream. :D Angry Edward!!!!! It's so great too because as he jumps out of the car he growls at Bella - "Get in the car!!!" And then he goes after the bad guys. Holy Hannah!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!


Maybe if I can get it to work, then I will embed the commercial that shows this scene, or the one that shows Dive-Bombing Edward. Both of them are amazing!!
Crap, he's truly something...

0 comments: