Reason # 21 – Jasper!!
I love Jasper!! He is such a great character. We really don’t see much of him, he is kind of quiet and in the background, but just knowing that Alice is in love with him should be enough of a clue to how awesome he is. He has a long, violent past that we learn about in Eclipse, the 3rd book in the series, but we don’t really know much about him in the first 2 books. So, I will save his history for when they make the Eclipse movie. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for that!! It’s my favorite of the books and I can’t wait to see it on screen!! (My favorite Angry Edward scene ever!! :o ) Jasper has a special ability too. In his human life he was very charismatic and was able to get people to follow him, which was good since he living during the Civil War and was the youngest Major in Texas in the Confederate Army. That’s one of the reasons his character in the movie wears cowboy boots. As a vampire his abilities intensified and he is able to control people’s emotions and feelings. For instance, he can calm down a group of people or get them excited and worked up. This ability to sense people’s feelings was the main reason he decided to leave the normal vampire way of life and look for something different, which is when he met Alice. In the latter part of Twilight, Jasper and Alice take Bella away from Forks in an effort to hide her from James, the vampire who is hunting her. Bella hadn’t really spent much time with Jasper up to this point, so even though she is a little hesitant, but also grateful for him and his special calming abilities. He says to her as she is worrying about Edward and the rest of the family who is chasing James, “You’re worrying about all the wrong things, Bella. Trust me on this—none of us are in jeopardy. You are under too much strain as it is; don’t add to it with wholly unnecessary worries. Listen to me! Our family is strong. Our only fear is losing you.”
Here is Jasper with the other Cullen kids -
Here is Jasper with Alice and Edward as they prepare to defend Bella and fight the Bad Vamps -
Here is Jasper with Alice and Edward as they walk into school. This is from the Twilight calendar for next year. I can't wait to finally put mine up!!
This is a fanart that I made with a quote about Jasper from Jackson Rathbone, the actor who plays him in the movie -
The character of Jasper is played by Jackson Rathbone. He is just about the cutest thing ever!! I would TOTALLY have a huge crush on him if I wasn’t already hopelessly smitten with Robert Pattinson/My Spunk/Edward. I feel like I would be cheating on My Spunk… :P I saw an episode of The Cleaner on A&E a few weeks ago and he was guest starring in it and I was so happy about how great he was!! I am even more excited to see him as Jasper in this movie!! He will be great!!!
Here is Jackson with Ashley Greene, who plays Alice -
Here is Jackson from a photo shoot this past summer with all the Twilight boys. He's awfully funny!
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment