Reason # 20 Bella introduces Edward to Her Dad as Her Boyfriend!!
Bella has never had a boyfriend before Edward. She had never even been on a date or had a boy interested in her before Edward came along. As they fall in love Bella knows that her dad, Charlie, is aware of the Cullen family and is actually fond of them. Bella sees no point in bringing to her father’s attention the fact that she and Edward are now dating, but Edward sees it differently. He wants her to introduce him to Charlie as her boyfriend, providing a reason as to why he will be at their house so much. Edward asks Bella if she would like to meet his family, since he would like them to meet her. Then he suggests him officially meeting Charlie. Bella sees no point to this and when they discuss it the conversation goes like this –
“And you should introduce me to you father, too, I think.”
“He already knows you,” I reminded him.
“As your boyfriend, I mean.”
I stared at him with suspicion. “Why?”
“Isn’t that customary?” he asked innocently.
“I don’t know,” I admitted. My dating history game me few reference points to work with. Not that any normal rules of dating applied here. “That’s not necessary, you know. I don’t expect you to… I mean, you don’t have to pretend for me.”
His smile was patient. “I’m not pretending.”
I pushed the remains of my cereal around the edges of the bowl, biting my lip.
“Are you going to tell Charlie I’m your boyfriend or not?” he demanded.
“Is that what you are?” I suppressed my internal cringing at the thought of Edward and Charlie and the word boyfriend all in the same room at the same time.
“It’s a loose interpretation of the word ‘boy,’ I’ll admit.”
“I was under the impression that you were something more, actually,” I confessed, looking at the table.
“Well, I don’t know if we need to give him all the gory details.” He reached across the table to life my chin with a cold, gentle finger. “But he will need some explanation for why I’m around here so much. I don’t want Chief Swan getting a retraining order put on me.”
“Will you be?” I asked, suddenly anxious. “Will you really be here?”
“As long as you want me,” he assured me.
“I’ll always want you,” I warned him. “Forever.”
I love this book…
And when Bella mentions Edward to her dad he reacts like most dads probably do—he’s not too excited. But after realizing that Edward is the younger of the Cullen boys (at first Charlie thinks Bella is dating Emmett, Edward’s BIG brother), and that Edward is getting Bella to play baseball (Charlie is obsessed with sports and watches pretty much nothing else) Charlie is okay with Edward dating Bella. Of course, due to certain events in the beginning of the second book, Charlie is not a fan of Edward during the 2nd and 3rd books, but he once again accepts him in the 4th book. And even if he doesn’t like Edward much, he knows that Edward is responsible and that he really loves Bella and will always take care of her. Not too shabby… Of course, he might change his mind if he ever found out about the whole vampire thing…
This is Edward with Bella and Charlie when he picks her up for the prom.
Here are Edward and Bella in his car, most likely on their way home from Port Angeles where he has just saved her, again.
A cute picture of Edward and Bella together...
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment