Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #12...

Reason # 12 – Edward Listens to Bella’s Thoughts Through Jessica

After Edward has saved Bella in Port Angeles, he is curious about how she really feels about him. So are her friends! The next morning, after Edward has given her a ride to school, Bella meets with her friend Jessica to get the coat that she left in Jessica’s car the night before. Jessica is dying to know what’s going on between Edward and Bella and as she walks away from them, Edward tells Bella –

“She wants to know if we’re secretly dating. And she wants to know how you feel about me.”

After asking Edward what she should say to Jessica, he says –

“I suppose you could say yes to the first…if you don’t mind – it’s easier than any other explanation.”
“I don’t mind,” I said in a faint voice.
“And as for her other question…well, I’ll be listening to hear the answer to that one myself.”

Later when Jessica sees Bella in their math class, the questions start, and of course Edward is listening to Jessica’s thoughts & questions and Bella’s answers. As good as the conversation is in Twilight, it’s even better in Midnight Sun. Bella says things to purposely annoy Edward since she knows he will be listening, but she also says her true feelings which cause Edward to worry. I think my favorite part of the conversation, and the part that really puts Edward on edge, is towards the end when they say –

“So you like him, then?” She wasn’t about to give up.
“Yes,” I said curtly.
“I mean, do you really like him?” she urged.
“Yes,” I said again, blushing, I hoped that detail wouldn’t register in her thoughts.
She’d had enough with the single syllable answers. “How much do you like him?”
“Too much,” I whispered back. “More than he likes me. But I don’t see how I can help that.” I sighed, one blush blending in the next.

Trust me, if you haven’t already you should really read the Midnight Sun version of this conversation. It’s amazing!! The link is --
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_partialdraft3.pdf
and you can type 223 into the page number box (right next to the total pages – it looks like this -- / 264.) That will take you to the start of the conversation. It’s awesomeness to the tenth power!!

I looked all around and couldn't find any pictures of Jessica. I know there are some out there, but it's late and I don't feel like looking anymore. So I decided to just use some gorgeous pictures of Edward and Bella or Rob and Kristen instead. And WOW!! I found a couple of amazing ones!! But I think I will save some of them for later and just use these for now.

Here is a picture from the above mentioned scene in the movie -- the morning after Port Angeles when Edward drives Bella to school. I'm not sure how close to the book they will stay with this scene, but I think it got cut. Bummer, it would have been fun to see Edward react to Bella confessing to her friend that she's in love with him, knowing that he's listening.


Here is a pretty shot of them together for a recent magazine photoshoot. It is very pretty...


And if we wanna talk pretty, how about this? This is an outtake from that new Entertainment Weekly magazine photoshoot. Hard to believe I found an ever more beautiful picture of them tonight, huh??? Like I said, I gotta save something for later. And it will be worth the wait. Trust me!


We’re getting close!!! Almost to our top ten!! Can you stand it?!?!?!

0 comments: