Reason # 3 – Edward’s Piano
Edward plays the piano. Really???? Is there anything that Edward can’t do? No, he can do anything, and do it better than most anyone else. At least that’s what Bella soon finds out after spending some time with him. I hated piano lessons when I was growing up. But I will be the first to admit that I wish I had stuck with them and that I could play the piano now. I did a little in high school and afterwards, but without a piano in the house you can’t really practice. Maybe one of these days I will change that.
One of the scenes from the movie that I am most looking forward to is the piano/lullaby scene. I am dying to see My Spunk play the piano. That’s kind of my idea of Heaven… To just listen to him play the piano and then play the guitar and sing. That’s not bad, right? :P Well, that while drinking Vanilla Pepsi and eating Mexican food and whatever candy I’m craving at the moment. That would be just about perfect. :D
In the book and apparently in the movie, Edward writes a lullaby for Bella and when he takes her to meet his family, Esme encourages him to play the piano for Bella. He’s a little hesitant, but he does it. This is the conversation after Esme notices Bella looking at the piano –
“Do you play?” she asked, inclining her head toward the piano.
I shook my head. “Not at all. But it’s so beautiful. Is it yours?”
“No,” she laughed. “Edward didn’t tell you he was musical?”
“No.” I glared at his suddenly innocent expression with narrowed eyes. “I should have known, I guess.”
Esme raised her delicate eyebrows in confusion.
“Edward can do everything, right?” I explained.
Jasper snickered and Esme gave Edward a reproving look.
“I hope you haven’t been showing off – it’s rude,” she scolded.
“Just a bit,” he laughed freely. Her face softened at the sound, and they shared a brief look that I didn’t understand, though Esme’s face seemed almost smug.
“He’s been too modest, actually,” I corrected.
“Well, play for her,” Esme encouraged.
“You just said showing off was rude,” he objected.
“There are exceptions to every rule,” she replied.
“I’d like to hear you play,” I volunteered.
“It’s settled then.” Esme pushed him toward the piano. He pulled me along, sitting me on the bench beside him.
He gave me a long, exasperated look before he turned to the keys.
…Edward looked at me casually, the music still surging around us without a break, and winked. “Do you like it?”
“You wrote this?” I gasped, understanding.
He nodded. “It’s Esme’s favorite.”
I closed my eyes, shaking my head.
“What’s wrong?”
“I’m feeling extremely insignificant.”
The music slowed, transforming into something softer, and to my surprise I detected the melody of his lullaby weaving through the profusion of notes.
“You inspired this one,” he said softly. The music grew unbearable sweet.
I couldn’t speak.
Here is a little video with scenes from the movie set to Bella’s Lullaby, the one written for and used in the movie. This video isn’t the greatest quality but I love it because it actually shows the piano scene. I get to see My Spunk playing the piano!!! You'll have to pause the playlist at the bottom of the blog so that you can hear the lovely lullaby. I'm still bummed it's not the actual one that My Spunk wrote, but those dvd extra's are starting to look better and better...
Did I mention how much I love a boy who can play the piano??? I guess maybe I did…
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment