Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #11...

Reason # 11 – Bella’s Bedroom

So many of the one on one scenes between Edward and Bella take place in her bedroom. I know I’ve mentioned before that Edward comes into Bella’s room at night to watch over her. He feels very protective of her and he wants to make sure she is safe at all times. He knows what a klutz she is and that she seems to be a magnet for danger, and since nighttime is the only time she isn’t really a danger to herself, he kind of feels like it’s his responsibility to protect her from the danger from outside forces. And there is certainly plenty of that! Especially as the books continue on.

Now I know that it’s not the greatest example for teenaged girls to read about a boy hanging out in his girlfriends’ bedroom all night, every night, but you gotta understand that one – it’s fictional; I mean come on, what teenaged boy never has to sleep? And two – Edward is very respectful and moral and would never allow anything improper to happen between him and Bella, so there’s no danger of anything along those lines going on. The first night that Edward stays is quite a while before Bella finds out that he is staying. She freaks out a bit when he tells her that he comes to her room every night to watch her sleep, but she soon gets over it after realizing that he only does it because he is in love with her and he’s worried about her.

Here are some pictures from Bella’s room. I have seen a picture somewhere of Edward standing watch over Bella as she sleeps, but of course now I can’t find it. :D If I come across it I will add it, but these will do for now.

Bella on her bed -


Bella talking to Edward -


The big first kiss scene - (apparently there is only one in the movie, although there aren't too many in the book either)




I think it might be a little uncomfortable to go to sleep every night with Edward watching over you. I mean, it doesn’t make much sense to get you hair all fixed and your make up on just to go to sleep. But how could you go to sleep looking anything but your best? I mean, you’ve seen Edward right??? How could you not want to look as great as possible when he’s around? :D Although I guess Bella doesn’t have to worry about that. At least not according to this bit from that first night that she knows he’s staying –

I took the stairs two at a time, trying to be quiet, and flew into my room, closing the door tightly behind me.
Edward hadn’t moved a fraction of an inch, a carving of Adonis perched on my faded quilt. I smiled, and his lips twitched, the statue coming to life.
His eyes appraised me, taking in the damp hair, the tattered shirt. He raised one eyebrow. “Nice.”
I grimaced.
“No, it looks good on you.”
“Thanks,” I whispered.

Oh that Edward, he’s so smooth… :D

0 comments: