Reason # 2 – Edward’s Crooked Smile
I know I’ve mentioned this smile before – the one that stops Bella in her tracks and basically leaves her breathless. She calls it her ‘favorite smile’ and after Edward realizes what he’s doing and how it affects her, he seems to do it more and, in certain instances, on purpose. At first he thinks something is wrong with her. He can hear the thoughts of other human women when he uses a little extra charm on them, but he never imagines that Bella is reacting the same way they do. He’s so used to hearing their thoughts that he doesn’t take into account the changes in their heart beat and breathing, which is the only change he can notice in Bella.
The first time Bella sees the smile is in Biology class. It’s a week after she has started school in Forks and a week after the day Edward seemed to hate her. That first day, the day he smelled her blood and fought the urge to kill her, he acted furious with her, but really he was angry with himself because he was letting a human affect him in a way no one had ever affected him before. He hated her because of it. He left for a week and then returned with a renewed determination to not kill her, but to be stronger than the desire he felt for her blood. That day, as they sat together in Biology class, they had to perform a lab and work together. Edward introduced himself to Bella and seemed perfectly polite, which led her to wonder if she had imagined the entire incident on her first day of school. As they sat, Edward turned to her and said –
“Ladies first, partner?” Edward asked. I looked up to see him smiling a crooked smile so beautiful that I could only stare at him like an idiot.
“Or I could start, if you wish.” The smile faded; he was obviously wondering if I was mentally competent.
“No,” I said, flushing. “I’ll go ahead.”
And here’s Edward’s version of it, showing that he really had no idea what he did to her.
It felt like it took every single ounce of self-control that I’d achieved in seventy years of hard work to turn back to the girl, who was staring down at the table, and smile.
“Ladies first, partner?” I offered.
She looked up at my expression and her face went blank, her eyes wide. Was there something off in my expression? Was she frightened again? She didn’t speak.
“Or, I could start, if you wish,” I said quietly.
“No,” she said, and her face went from white to red again. “I’ll go first.”
Just think, 4 books of this!! How could you not want to read them all??? :D
Edward and his 'crooked smile' --
He uses it again on her when they are in Port Angeles --

And again at a movie premiere. Seriously, don't you want to see this smile every day??? *sigh*

And my favorite picture, well one of them. So many good ones have come out recently. Oh, the cuteness...

Here is one of the first trailer’s for the movie. It’s on the Penelope dvd. (Which was a really cute movie, by the way! :D ) The awesome ‘crooked smile’ bit is at the end, but the first part of it gives you a good idea of what it’s about. Plus the little interview pieces with My Spunk are just lovely… He’s awfully sweet…
Can you believe it, ONE MORE DAY!!!!! O_O Wow!! Time sure does fly!!
What ever will I do with all my spare time when I’m not typing out reasons every day? Oh that’s right, sit in a movie theater watching all those reasons!!! :D








0 comments:
Post a Comment