Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, November 14, 2008

Reasons I Love Twilight - #7...

Reason # 7 – The Bottle Cap Souvenir

Okay, this reason is technically in Midnight Sun, but it is also in Twilight, we just don’t realize what it is until after reading Midnight Sun. At lunch time on the day that Edward has asked Bella to drive to Seattle with him, they sit together in the cafeteria having their first real, in depth conversation. Now, keep in mind that the night before this is when Edward first went to Bella’s room and heard her talking about him in her sleep – the night he fell in love with her. As their conversation progresses we can see how confused she is by him and his actions, and we can also see how in love with her he is, yet she doesn’t realize it. He is still struggling with whether or not he will kill her or be able to leave her alone. The only thing Bella gets for lunch is a bottle of lemonade. Towards the end of the conversation Edward picks up the lid from the lemonade bottle and begins to play with it, spinning it like a top. Bella thinks nothing of it and soon hurries off to class, leaving him with his makeshift top. (Edward is ditching because the class is Biology and they will be doing blood typing, which is obviously something a vampire trying to refrain from drinking human blood would want to steer clear of! :D )

Now, when we read Midnight Sun we get a little different take on the whole situation. Edward takes to bottle cap in an effort to distract himself, but after Bella leaves he slips it into his pocket as a “souvenir of this most consequential conversation” and then leaves to go to his car. As he is sitting in the car, listening to music, he begins to hear another tune in his head – a lullaby. Later that evening when he is at home he sits down at the piano and begins playing the lullaby – Bella’s Lullaby. As he plays, Alice and Esme come to sit with him, listening to him play. After playing the song all the way through, and then playing a few other things, Esme asks him to play the song again –

“Play the new song for me, one more time,” Esme asked.
“If you’d like that,” I agreed, though I was a little hesitant to follow the tune to its unavoidable end – the end that had me aching in unfamiliar ways. I thought for a moment, then pulled the bottle cap from my pocket and set it on the empty music stand. That helped a bit – my little memento of her
yes.
I nodded to myself and started playing,
Esme and Alice exchanged a glance, but neither one asked.

I love all the insight that Midnight Sun offers on Twilight. Just think, we would never have known any of these amazing things about Edward if we didn’t have it. Let’s just hope that Stephenie Meyer is able to finish it. Especially now that she has peaked my interest by saying she already had the car chase scene figured out in her head! What!!! When is that?!?! During the hunting of James? Maybe after Edward arrives at the airport and has to steal a car and race to save Bella? I have GOT to know!!! :D

So since this reason is kind of putting a twist on my whole "Only reasons from Twilight" thinking, I decided to use some pictures that are along those same lines. These are all fan made manipulations -- meaning they were created by people from other pictures. I think they are pretty good, I mean heck, you can't even tell they aren't actual photos! Another one is the one I used for the background of my playlist at the bottom of the blog -- the Tangled one that I love so much!! Ahh, the power of PhotoShop!! :D

Here is Edward at his piano --


Here are Edward and Bella sitting together. I love the softness about this one, the way they just look so calm and easy together --


Edward and Bella looking a little more modern --


Edward and Bella looking relaxed and comfortable together --

This one is really cute! I love the playfulness of them. Very fun!!!


Ahhh, only 6 days left!! Can you believe it?!?!?!

0 comments: